Some of the research topics currently being investigated by the Nine Circles group are listed below. For details on each members individual interests see the group page.
- Asteroid sample return - OSIRIS-Rex
- Development of combined LIBS and LA-ICP-MS for the study of extraterrestrial materials
- Extraterrestrial impacts and their effects on megafauna populations
- Influence of extraterrestrial impacts on the development of human civilization
- Formation and alteration of the CR chondrites
- Sulphide mineralogy and partial melting experiments of R chondrites
- Low-temperature sulphides in CI chondrites and stardust: Implications for aqueous alteration on comets and large scale mixing in the solar nebula
- The origin of compound and deformed chondrules
- Trace elements in chondritic meteorites and sulfides
- Characterisation and analysis of chondrites
- Phyllosilicate formation in the early Solar System
- Sulfur chemistry in a water-depleted Solar Nebula
An FeO-rich BO/POP chondrule from a CR2 carbonaceous chondrite (copyright Devin Schrader).