April Fools' Day!
A collection of the various pranks that the LPL graduate students have pulled off through the years...
- April Fools 2014
- Atrium pictures were replaced and the floor became Morse code hopscotch!
- There was also fun to be had redecorating professors' offices... Isamu and Travis were the main victims this year.
- As Ali was out of town and couldnt defend herself (when did we start doing pranks to other grads?! The point is to prank the faculty, right?! Guys!?) the following "Post-PhD Professional Development Seminar" was scheduled: Bramson Colloquium along with an email sent to allLPL from Bert.
- April Fools 2013
- April Fools 2012
- April Fools 2007
- As April Fools was on a Sunday this year, the festivities got off to an early start as Joan sent out a memo announcing that the grad hallway would close early in honor of the holiday weekend.
- In response to a legitimate e-mail from Roger Yelle, we took this opportunity to decorate his office with various hats of all shapes ans sizes. (Pictures soon.)
- Mike Drake announced a dramatic shift in policy regarding faculty attendance at journal clubs. This e-mail even fooled some of the faculty and led to real discussions on how to improve the journal club structure.
- We managed to take control of the HiWall, a sweet array of computer monitors showing pictures from HiRise, in order to show a discovery image of a new feature on Mars.
- April Fools 2006
Unfortunately, April Fools fell during the semester field trip (convenient how that worked out for the faculty...) this year, so the department escaped relatively unscathed. However, a few days later, the 2nd-year graduate students, in anticipation of a momentous occasion, modified a countdown clock in the atrium that was otherwise sitting there at zero.
- April Fools 2003
- April Fools 2002
- April Fools 2001
- April Fools 2000
- April Fools 1999
- April Fools 1998
- April Fools 1997
- April Fools 1996
- April Fools 1995
- April Fools 1994