To change your LPL password from a Solaris or Linux system,
use Secure Shell (SSH) to login to shell.lpl.arizona.edu
and issue the UNIX passwd command, as follows:
- Open a Terminal window
Right-click on your desktop
- Left-click on Open Terminal in the pop-up menu
- In the Terminal window that appears, type this command:
(where you replace your-LPL-username with your LPL username)
- Type your LPL password.
- Press Return or Enter.
This should log you in to shell.lpl.arizona.edu.
You should see a banner and command-line prompt that looks like this:
- Now type the UNIX passwd command:
shell:/home/your-LPL-username % passwd
You will see two lines displayed:
passwd: Changing password for your-LPL-username
Enter existing login password:
- Enter your current password (it will not display) and hit return.
- Then enter your new password (it will not display) and hit return.
- Then reenter your new password (it will not display) and hit return.
You should then see the command-line prompt.
- Then logout by typing the UNIX exit command:
shell:/home/your-LPL-username % exit
Connection to shell closed.
Back to the LCS FAQ page
Return to LPL homepage
Last Updated: June 2, 2011
LPL Webmaster / webmaster