Elleniki Salati (Greek Salad)
- 1 head Romaine or head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 cucumber, sliced or cubed
- 2 chopped green onions or one small regular onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, preferably the flat Italian kind
- Feta or Kasseri cheese
- Greek olives
Tear or slice lettuce into bite-size pieces. Add the other veggies, toss with Greek salad dressing. Sprinkle crumbled cheese on top, garnish with olives.
Lathoxitho (Greek salad dressing):
- 3/4 cup olive oil (Greek or Extra Virgin Italian)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh peppermint, or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a jar. Put the lid on and shake very well. Or, mix in a blender. Variations: Add 1 teaspoon anchovy paste and/or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard.
From: email@example.com (Jay Mottern) via Veggies Unite!
back to the Cucumber Recipe File!