Ginger Peanut Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. corkscrew macaroni or fine noodles
- 20 fresh pea pods (tips and stems removed)
- 1 small cucumber (quartered lengthwise and sliced)
- 2 medium carrots (cut into long thin strips)
- 1 medium yellow and/or green sweet pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes (optional)
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
- 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 recipe Ginger Salad dressing (below)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
Cook pasta according to package directions. During last 30 seconds, add pea pods. Rinse with cold water and drain. Combine pasta and veggies. Add Ginger Salad dressing and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2-8 hours. To serve, toss salad and sprinkle w/ peanuts.
Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- several dashes hot pepper sauce (I used Durkee's)
Combine ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake. Can chill up to 3 days.
From: Mary Ruhl
back to the Cucumber Recipe File!