Cucumber-Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed into paste with 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 c white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 1 c packed watercress sprigs, rinsed and dried
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped finely
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- 3 T minced scallions
- tabasco sauce to taste
In a blender, blend until smooth garlic paste, bread, vinegar, oil, yogurt, watercress, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir in cucumber, bell pepper, scallions, and tabasco. Chill for 20 minutes; serve with croutons.
From Gourmet Magazine.
back to the Cucumber Recipe File!