Classroom & Teaching Support
Supplies, Problems, Questions
Kuiper Space Sciences 321
Kuiper Space Sciences 325
Class Copying. If you need assistance with copying material for your class, fill out a class copying request form, available in Space Sciences 325, or email Bert - - with your request. Please allow for a 24-hour turn-around, and be specific about what you require.
- Blank Scantron sheets are available from Bert Orosco, Space Sciences 325.
- Try to plan ahead in requesting blank grading sheets and pencils.
- Ask your students to be careful in filling out the grading sheets, i.e., ask them not to bend the sheets
- Bring the completed grading sheets and answer key to Bert Orosco in Space Sciences 325.
- Be specific about what kind of grading reports you require, what grading scale you use, etc.
- Tests will be graded within 24 hours.
- The Academic Office will contact you to let you know the grading reports are completed.
Materials Available for Classroom Use
Dobsonian Telescopes. Available for PTYS/LPL instructors to borrow. See Mary in Kuiper 321 for more information.
Astrobiology application. Stromatolite (fossilized microbial mat). 3.48 Gyr old, from the North Pole Dome, Western Australia. This fossil is the earliest undisputed evidence for life on Earth. The stromatolite closely resembles modern-day analogs that can be found in shallow ocean basins in Australia and the coast of Mexico, among other locations. For access to this item, contact Mary Guerrieri, Kuiper 321, 520-621-2828.
PTYS 342. Books and DVDs available (cabinet 6).