Jump to navigation
How do I scan documents and convert them into pdf files?
- Login as lpluser (no password) to the Windows 2000 PC in Room 331.
- Use Explorer to create a new folder under C:\users\yourname.
- Double-click on the HP Precision Scan Pro 3.01 icon.
- Place the first page of your lecture notes in the upper-right corner of the HP ScanJet 7400C's glass bed (face-down) and close the lid.
- Click Scan -> New Scan.
- Wait for the lamp to warm up (one minute).
- Use the mouse to outline the area of the scanned page that you wish to record.
- Click Scan -> Save As.
- Navigate to c:\temp.
- Save the image as a PDF file (e.g., yourfile.pdf).
- Lift the scanner lid, replace page 1 with page 2, and close the lid.
- Click Scan in the "Scan another page into current document" pop-up.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 until you've scanned all pages.
- Click Done in the "Scan another page into current document" pop-up.
- Click Scan -> Exit.
- Use Secure File Transfer to upload the files to your LPL home directory.
- Delete your pdf files from c:\temp on the PC.