The Software Technology Discussion Group meets weekly and provides an excellent forum for software engineering technology sharing and transfer.
Consulting with the Group could save you a lot of time and effort. Someone in the Group's probably been there and done that, whether you're:
- Designing a large-scale software system.
- Looking for a good Java layout manager.
- Wondering why your F77 code runs slower in C.
- Trying to decide whether to use tcl, tk, perl, or python.
- Learning how to parallelize code to speed up runs.