On LPL Solaris machines, Netscape 7 can be started by typing this command:
- Login as lpluser (no password) to the Windows 2000 PC in Room 331.
- Use Explorer to create a new folder under C:\users\yourname.
- Double-click on the HP Precision Scan Pro 3.01 icon.
- Place the first page of your lecture notes in the upper-right corner of the HP ScanJet 7400C's glass bed (face-down) and close the lid.
- Click Scan -> New Scan.
- Wait for the lamp to warm up (one minute).
- Use the mouse to outline the area of the scanned page that you wish to record.
- Click Scan -> Save As.
Right-click on the background in CDE (Common Desktop Environment).
Click Tools->Print Manager->View->Select Printers to Show.
Click on one of the printers in the list (Hidden or Shown).
Click Set Default.