On LPL Solaris machines, Netscape 7 can be started by typing this command:
Please contact John Pursch and let him know you would like to join the domain. They will provide further instructions.
- Login as lpluser (no password) to the Windows 2000 PC in Room 331.
- Use Explorer to create a new folder under C:\users\yourname.
- Double-click on the HP Precision Scan Pro 3.01 icon.
- Place the first page of your lecture notes in the upper-right corner of the HP ScanJet 7400C's glass bed (face-down) and close the lid.
- Click Scan -> New Scan.
- Wait for the lamp to warm up (one minute).
- Use the mouse to outline the area of the scanned page that you wish to record.
- Click Scan -> Save As.
- Navigate to c:\temp.
- Save the image as a PDF file (e.g., yourfile.pdf).
- Lift the scanner lid, replace page 1 with page 2, and close the lid.
- Click Scan in the "Scan another page into current document" pop-up.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 until you've scanned all pages.
- Click Done in the "Scan another page into current document" pop-up.
- Click Scan -> Exit.
- Use Secure File Transfer to upload the files to your LPL home directory.
- Delete your pdf files from c:\temp on the PC.
0. If you don't have WinZip installed on your PC:
Download WinZip from the LPL FTP Site and install it.
2. Order X-Win32 from the UA CATS X-Win32 Purchase Page.
Fill out the registration form, visit the LPL Business Office to have an IRB form completed, fax both forms to CATS (using the phone number on the registration form), and send the forms by campus mail to CATS (using the addressee on the registration form).
3. Download X-Win32.
When you receive email from CATS containing the download website and your software registration key, follow the instructions in the email to download X-Win32.
5. Install X-Win32.
6. Configure X-Win32.
Click Start->Programs->Xwin32_5.2->XConfig. Click the Sessions tab. Click Add. Select XDMCP. Click Next. Enter a Session Name (you invent this) and Hostname (to which you wish to connect). Click Save. Click the Window tab. Select Single. Click OK. Click the Security tab. Click Add. Enter the IP address of the host to which you wish to connect. Click Apply. Click OK.
7. Use X-Win32 to connect to a UNIX host.
Click the X in the upper left corner.
Pull down to Sessions.
Pull down to the hostname to which you wish to connect.
Right-click on the background in CDE (Common Desktop Environment).
Click Tools->Print Manager->View->Select Printers to Show.
Click on one of the printers in the list (Hidden or Shown).
Click Set Default.