The Graduate College is pleased to announce the competition for the 2015 Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship. This award is intended for graduate students who are in the completion stage of their dissertation and who have exhausted all other funding resources except for loans.
November 7, 2014
Award: $10,788.00 provided by the Marshall Foundation (disbursed in one sum in spring 2015) and a Graduate Tuition Scholarship for up to two consecutive semesters—spring 2015 and fall 2015—provided by the Graduate College. Mandatory fees and health insurance are not covered.
- UA doctoral candidates whose dissertation proposal has been approved by their doctoral committee, have advanced to Doctoral Candidacy (will have been notified of this via email from Graduate Student Academic Services) and expect to defend their doctoral dissertation by December 2015
- U.S. Citizenship and Arizona Legal Residency (as determined by the UA) by the application submission deadline. You must be listed as an Arizona resident on the UA system of record at the time of application to qualify for the award. To verify your residency, please log into UAccess Student > Personal Information > Demographic Data > Residency Information. If this is incorrect, please contact the Residency Office http://registrar.arizona.edu/residency
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated financial need. The award is need based and requires you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://fafsa.ed.gov/ to demonstrate a sufficient level of need to receive the award. (If it is not possible for you to file the FAFSA, you may submit a personal statement stating your financial need.) Enrollment in a minimum of 3 dissertation units (900-level)
- Agreement to make available an electronic copy of their dissertation to the Marshall Foundation for storing in its Library