PTYS/LPL Graduate Students
PTYS Graduate Student
I'm interested in the life cycle of comets, from activation in the centaur region through to their deactivation and dormancy among the near-Earth objects. My work primarily uses imaging and spectroscopic observations of comets, centaurs, and comet-candidates at optical and near-infrared wavelengths with ground-based telescopes, and has recently incorporated some orbital dynamics as well.
Take a look at my website, it's got more information about me, my research, and other helpful things. (Plus I update it *way* more often than this page!)
See all peer-reviewed publications at this ADS link.
First Author Publications:
- Kareta et al., "Carbon Chain Depletion of 2I/Borisov", (2020), Astrophysical Journal Letters 889, 2
- Kareta et al., "Physical Characterization of the 2017 December Outburst of the Centaur 174P/Echeclus", (2019), Astronomical Journal, 158, 6.
- Kareta et al., "Rotationally Resolved Spectroscopic Characterization of Near-Earth Object (3200) Phaethon", (2018), Astronomical Journal, 156, 6.
Co-Authored Publications (very incomplete):
- Reddy et al. (includes T. Kareta), Near-Earth asteroid 2012 TC4 campaign: Results from global planetary defense exercise, (2019), Icarus, TBD, TBD
- Two OSIRIS-REx papers (to be published ~March, 2019)
|kareta_cv.pdf||68.53 KB||May 4, 2021|