When you begin using your modern graphical email client program (e.g., Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Outlook), it will present a series of setup screens.
If you are creating an account on Thunderbird or Mac Mail for the first time,
your mail client program will try to configure your incoming and outgoing settings automatically.
Its guesses will be wrong, so just click Manual Setup and enter the values given below.
Fill in the following values:
- Account type = IMAP (not POP).
- Name = your-first-name your-last-name (e.g., Jane Doe)
- Email address = email@example.com (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Incoming server = hindmost.lpl.arizona.edu
- Incoming username = your-lpl-username (e.g., jdoe)
- Outgoing server = hindmost.lpl.arizona.edu (this might not be an option at this point in the setup)
Then click here to configure your email client to use IMAP with SSL to read mail.
Then click here to configure your email client to use TLS to send mail.