LPL does not accept/evaluate possible meteorite specimens.
If you have a stone/rock that you believe to be a meteorite, please refer to the resources below:
- Arizona State University Center for Meteorite Studies
- Cascadia Meteorite Laboratory, Portland State University
- Clemson University, Meteorite Identification
- Geology.com: Have You Found a Space Rock?
- Department of Geoscience, UNLV
- Robert A. Pritzker Center for Meteoritics and Polar Studies, The Field Museum (Chicago)
- University of New Mexico Meteorite Museum
- USGS: I think I found a meteorite. How can I tell for sure?
- The Meteorite Exchange (list of meteorite dealers)